Embedded Systems SMP 2019
Mentor(s) : Shivam Potdar, Dwijesh Athrey, Anusha Misra
Embedded Systems is one of the most diverse and fundamental areas for electrical and electronics engineers. Knowledge of which provides a strong basis for numerous topics such as IoT, Robotics, Computer Architecture etc.
- Introduction to Embedded Systems .
- Interaction with mentors
- Introduction to hardware to be used
- Introduction to Arduino board, breadboard, components, general guidelines .
- LED Blinking
- Patterns with LEDs
- Pullup, Pulldown, Pushbutton interfacing
- Interrupts for switch
- Input from sensors, ADC
- Interfacing of LCD
- Displaying input on LCD
- Communication Protocols - UART, SPI etc
Connecting ESP8266 to Arduino, saying Hello to ESP
- AT Commands!, connecting to WiFi
- Introduction to ThingSpeak / Firebase
- Basic WebD, showing ThingSpeak / Firebase data on websites
- Controlling LED from the webpage
- Project Distribution and discussion
- Embedded C vs Arduino
- Other Microcontrollers; discussion about RPi, NodeMCU, TI MSP430
- Discussion on e-Yantra Robotics Competition
- Doubts on projects
- Project and doubts - no sessions
- Assignments would be given depending on course coverage
- Additional topics can be taken up if planned things are finished earlier than deadline and
people are interested.
List of components to be bought
- Sensor Data Logging Website: Should receive data from whatever sensors are available (DHT, Pot, anything else) and show that on a website. Tables, plots, charts etc can be used to represent.
- Smart Home: Use relays and webpage to control appliances (light /fans etc).
- Embedded C: Implement PWM, ADC, LCD display in Embedded C, collect sensor data and show on LCD.
- MATLAB Interfacing of Arduino: Interface Arduino with MATLAB, capture sensor data, visualisations, sending to ThingSpeak.
- Python Interfacing of Arduino: Interface Arduino with Python3, capture sensor data, visualisations, sending to ThingSpeak/Firebase.